CEO Open Letter, Celebrating VEDGEco's One Year of Supplying Nationwide
We have had a big year! Since our nationwide launch in August 2020, VEDGEco has undergone incredible growth to uniquely serve businesses like yours in the trying time of this pandemic. You have faced supply chain issues, you have had labor shortages. You have put your all into your business perhaps now more than ever. It has been our mission to best support you in every way we can, and we will continue to adapt to serve you best.
The plant-based industry is growing exponentially, and is now estimated reach $162 billion dollars by 2030.* VEDGEco has positioned itself to best serve you, our independent restaurants, grocers, and foodservice operators to provide uncompromisingly delicious plant-based options on your menu. It is our mission to best support you as we together make plant-based more sustainable, affordable, and accessible to all.
Reflecting on our year of nationwide plant-based wholesale, VEDGEco
- Helped nearly 500 independent businesses across 49 states add more plant-based options to their menu
- Opened multiple fulfillment centers on the mainland, covering East & West coasts for nationwide distribution, along with our original Hawaii location
- Shifted to a fully wholesale model to improve pricing and streamline logistics
- Launched subscriptions help our customers avoid out-of-stocks
- Celebrated new openings, re-openings, anniversaries, and expansions of our independent restaurant partners
- Built a community of over 36K Instagram followers who are helping us spread the plant-based movement
- Partnered with over fifteen 100% plant-based brands with some exclusive to VEDGEco
- Began a VEDGEco Ambassador program of passionate plant-based eaters mobilized nationwide bringing restaurants on board to sample plant-based risk-free
- Staffed up remotely, with employees spanning 11 different states
- Attended our first official trade show – the International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas, NV
Thank you for being a crucial part of the success of delicious plant-based eating. Together we serve a growing customer base of diverse humans requesting freedom of food choice for plant-based, planet-friendly, and allergen-free options.
We are so proud to be part of this movement with you.
Wishing you the best,
Trevor Hitch, and the entire VEDGEco team